Wednesday 10 December 2014

Would you run faster Naked ? (warning Strava content)



I have started to run naked.
Well kind of and Mondays run was a revolution thanks to it.


My Garmin Forerunner watch has been playing up so its gone back to madison for some love, and so  I found myself for the first time in a long time, running performance tracking naked.

I had no way of knowing my pace, distance speed heart rate recoverys or my oscillation. So I just ran. I stopped for photos at gates i watched the clouds and the otter near the river, I ran down paths, lanes and alleyways. and it was great because what i didn't know wasn't dictating what I was I up-to.

I realised afterwards I must run looking at my wrist. Checking if I'm going fast enough or if Ive gone far enough. But with out I didn't even know how far Id gone and instead of checking I started to relax and run. And do you know what I ran further than normal. A full mile and half further and I enjoyed it.

So give it go, I know that from here on in Im pretty tempted to try running Strava naked again, but perhaps not always :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment