Wednesday 19 November 2014

Midlands today Runs Terrible Cycling story

Just watched the evening BBC regional news and see that Midlands Today has joined the cyclist's get hit by cars on purpose debate, or as it appeared in the news piece Warickshire Police seem to have decided its your fault if a car hits you.

Yes, cyclists need to make sure they can be seen but for god sake I ride in primary / secondary position as set out in National Standards and still drivers cut me up, abuse me with shouts or beeps, use their car to intimidate or force me to a move out of their way. Why is this not being addressed in the news?

Is it because the same five police stood on a junction in Warickshire aren't doing anything about it and therefore it can't be reported ?  Hows about asking the police a few investigative questions like how many of the drivers that hit the record high 179 cyclist were at fault and prosecuted ? Or how about some cycling has changed my life , saved me a fortune, helped me stop smoking type story to add some balance to the risk (like driving a car is more dangerous than the bus but its gets you their quicker and it doesn't let you down), Come on BBC your meant to be good at this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment