Friday 21 November 2014

Never Bored

As a boy if I ever I said " Im bored" I always got the answer "Well go outside then" I was either a pain no one wanted around or they knew that if your outside you can't be bored, its impossible.

I still find it impossible. Theres to much going on and my favourite that goes on is th weather. Grey leaden skies, the wind whipped fields and trees or the smell on the wind as its just about to snow. I even like the rain.

I just love being part of the environment as it changes and things happen. Passing through and connecting to landscapes on foot or on a bike allows this to happen like nothing else I know.  Its this connection that I love the most. Connection to hills, dirt, singletrack, trails wind, rain, heat, roads, and of course riding partners. And I know this is weird but I even like the taste or rides.

Its these things that keep riding and have started me running. Not the KOMs on Strava, although we secretly crave them, or being faster than John, (I prefer to be faster than myself when I want to be). No its the landscapes over the hill, round the bend or the new and familiar.

Having said that it never ceases to amaze me how reluctant I can be to leave the warmth of the fire, the comfort of the armchair, to turn  my back on the goggle box or get out of bed to get outside and even walk the dog, run or ride. But as soon as I close the back and door breathe in the fresh air, or feel the first chill of outside Im happier.  So wether its your 1 mile dog walk, your three mile run or your ride home from work tonight - tomorrow enjoy it, cos somewhere I'll be enjoying mine.

Happy Weekend
Peter


No comments:

Post a Comment